Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Got a Few Things Done!!

So I have been out in my room and actually worked yesterday and got a couple of things on my Etsy site today. I have joined a group call South East US Team on Etsy and they are sure a nice group of gals, just interested in promoting their stores and having fun. It has perked up my interest in my store :)
I had fun mixing some colors yesterday that I had dyed before everything got moved and have wanted to play with the fiber, it is Mohair,Salish,CVM, and Rambouillet. Isn't it pretty?


It is so soft and lofty! I'm thinking it would make a nice pair of socks or a scarf. I put it on my Etsy site, but have kept alittle for me :) Then I had some left overs and I thought, wouldn't that be nice for felting? So I brought some in and wet felted some, I mean ya need to know it will felt don't you? :)) Her is what I played with. Now I know it doesn't look like much, but this is the first time I have felted and I WAS just making sure it would. I figure if I can make it felt, someone that knows what someone that knows what they are doing could do :))

So I'm thinking you really need to needle felt flowers :{ But here is a scrap I made just from left overs and it felted up nice and thick! I couldn't believe the stuff I could use and it still felted up good. All the little pills from my combings will felt up good. No more waste! Now all I need to do is learn how! I would like to do some large pieces for fabric, I'm sure I am probably getting inover my head there, but o well thats how ya learn.
I found this amazing. It's like all the little pills just disappeared!
I had sold my Dou 80 knitting machine as I will never use it. Of course in being so careful in shipping I forgot to put the locks in! So I was getting ready to send out the motor and included the locks, ins. it for the motor, dummy. Fed Ex lost the package, so of course the machine was no good. This person that purchase my machine has been sooooooo nice. It's nice to know there are people out there like this. To make a long story short, yesterday they "found" the package and it will be on it's way to the new owner soon. My husband is in sales and it has been so slow, we have just been having ends meet, and to have to refund the money on this machine was just worrying me to death. But now hopefully it is all taken care of.
So it is late afternoon and I have gotten several things on my Etsy site, but nothing else done today :( Best get up and get busy, you would think I could atleast clean house. I hate to clean house :( But I like a clean house!
I will post more pics tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The colors remind me of an old Pendleton Woolen Mills blanket; I really like them!