Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm Gonna Start a Tie Shawl

I have had such a hard time just looking at all the Bunny!! I couldn't keep my hands off it so I keep thinking about a gazillion projects I could start with it. I know I need to do some blending and put some on my Etsy, but once in awhile I like to do something for me first. Which sounds kind of funny when I write it as I don't keep much for myself anyway! The Bunny will make the yarn a bit fuzzy so I didn't think a Lacy pattern would be the best choice, I happened to think of the Danish Tie shawl I had seen at Dorothea's site and decided that would be the ticket! She really has some great patterns, her site is under the pattern section on my blog page. Then I couldn't decide about color. I really wanted some Shetland in the mix somewhere. I had some light grey I could get to so out it came.Then I have all the Alpaca I had dyed, it only made sense to start blending. I love pastels and blending it this way really muted the colors, I am please with the results. The pics don't show the color as good as I would like. It is a very light Lavender and a Apricot.

This is the pattern I am going to use. The third color is going to be a Teal color, hopefully I will get some blended today to see how it is going to look. You really wouldn't believe how soft this is, I am going to use singles I think depending on what it tells me when I start to spin :)
I also took my spinning wheels apart yesterday and cleaned, dusted and dressed each of them so they are all happy to spin for an other 6 months or so.
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Fairy Spun Fibers said...

Oh, Dori Ann - I just GOTTA make me one of those tie shawls, too! They are the coolest things - and they stay ON! Where can you get a pattern for one of those?

Delighted Hands said...

It will be beautiful! Keeped us up to date on its progress!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I can see the colors fairly well; both are gorgeous!

Rhonda Wilson said...

It sounds great but be careful about using a singles with bunny in it. Unless you bind it by plying (even if you only ply with a sewing thread), the angora will shed constantly. Just FYI!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawls!

Anonymous said...

I think Blogger just swallowed my comment, so I apologize if it shows up twice--I love your shawls!