Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Boy, It's been a long time!!!!

Well I was going to be one of those that kept up on my blog! Oppps. I have been very busy. I set up and Etsy site, having alot of fun. It is really therapy for me to play with my wool and now that I have been just busy getting things for my site, I feel like maybe I am accomplishing things too. I made a blending hackle, I'm going to start selling those on my site too. I am having sooo much fun with it, I used to try to blend on my combs, but it really doesn't work very well. And on the hackle you can blend combed fiber or carded fiber, or the roving you purchase. Sometimes I get alittle disappointed that things are not moving very quickly, but I just have to remember that I am really doing this to have fun. After all, it's not like I can't use everything I make!!
I also have been playing with the Mach 1 wheel. I will have to say it is a nice wheel. I have had a couple of issues with it, no directions came with it, changing out their knocking piece, can't figure why that have that, it is just confusing. And the peg on the orifice I didn't like. My yarn kept slipping off and when I spun thick yarn it would split on the peg and get hung up. Very annoying! So I talked to mike, he sent me a brass cup hook and I replaced the peg with that and it works great! I am also getting the new orifice made to very bulky yarns, it will be here this week. Now that I have worked thru those several troubles, I am going to continue to spin on her a couple of more weeks to make sure there are no hidden problems then the Rose goes up for sale. I just haven't been able to get close to the Rose, I know they are a nice wheel, but just not my cup of tea. And it is so nice to be able to spin very fine to very thick on one wheel, and it is easy to use. Okay, enough of that.
We got goats!!!!

No comments: