Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Esty Stores?

I'm curious what most of you think of Etsy compared to EBay? I have sold on EBay for years, usually antiques when I had my store. I haven't had much luck selling fiber on EBay as there seem to be alot of vendors that can sell things for nothing! I'm thinking they are going for volume. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I am a one gal show and can't even begin to keep up with that! I like Etsy too, I think maybe it is limited to who shops their. So I'm wondering if it would be worth getting my own site? I know alot of people that use a blog for their store, maybe I should start a blog just for business. I don't want this to be that type of blog as I would really like to be able to post personal things. I need that right now. So I guess what I am asking of the few of you that actually visit my blog, what do you think? Do you go to blogs that just sell? Do you prefer stores? Do you shop on Etsy?
Now doing just that, getting down to personal stuff :)
I am really having trouble with my hands :( I know I have carple tunnel and have been avoiding getting it taked care of, but now my artheritus is starting to bother me more. I think it is all the combing I have been doing with longer wools. I have to pull harder to get it thru the diz. I combed that whole Llama blanket last week and my hands are paying for it this week. So I have used Tiger balm,Alieve,Heat,Tylenol. Maybe Advil? It's not that I can't stand it, it just that I am dropping everything and can't close my hand all the way. I am going to comb some more today, would like to do some Alpaca, that is a little easier.
I need to take some pictures today too, doesn't it get boring just to hear someone ramble?
The new group is doing well, everyone has done just wonderful and full of info.
I have a table loom for sale, I will get pics up this afternoon. It's a nice little LeClerc Dorotyhy 8 harness. It can hold up to 16 harnesses. It does have one small crack on the second harness set, but I have glued it and it is stronger than before. It is also reinforced by the rubber dowel that runs thru the shafts, LeClerc did a good job in making sure their boxes for the shafts was strong. I am aking 400 including shipping. I have 4 floor looms right now and don't have room for the table loom. It has been sitting on my kitchen table for months and haven't even looked at it nor have I found a place for it!

No comments: